Spring 2024 Class Info
Now that 1st term report cards are out it is time for high schoolers to select what elective courses will best help them achieve their chosen endorsement and graduate on time. It is time for those who are taking or planning on taking dual credit courses to be sure they are following the timeline to get registered for Spring dual credit classes. Below is the timeline to follow to select electives and dual credit courses.
Spring Semester Timeline Dual Credit & Elective Course Registration
Dual Credit Timeline
- Now-October 30 Dual Credit Registration Dates (check the Dual Credit Page for more info)
- Apply to Lone Star
- Get the Graduation Plan Complete
- Get the HCS Dual Credit Program Acceptance Letter
- Sign up to take the TSIA-2 Test on Oct 30th (if you’ve not done so already)
- Complete Course Approval and Parental Consent Form
- October 9—Dual Credit Registration Open (for current dual credit students)
- October 30—TSIA-2 test at 8:30 a.m.
Online Elective Class Timeline
- November 1-6—Review Spring elective class options (see below).
- November 6-8—Seniors select Spring classes.
- November 9-10—Juniors select Spring classes.
- November 13-14—Sophomores select Spring classes.
- November 15-17—Freshmen select Spring classes.
- November 30—Spring class selection closed.
- December 11-14—Spring schedules passed out.
- December 15—Final Day for schedule changes.
- December 18-19—Fall Semester Finals.
- January 8—Spring semester starts.
The HCS & Online Elective Options
HCS Elective Course Options
- Art—Ms. Vardeman
- Debate—Mrs. Razouk
- 9th Grade Personal Fitness
- High School Ensemble—Mrs. Kroh
PEAK Online Courses
- Astronomy 1 & 2
- Forensic Science
- Computer Science 1 & 2
- 3D Modeling
- Digital Arts 1 & 2
- Game design
- Digital Photography 1 & 2
- Engineering Drawing & Design 1 & 2
- Engineering Explorations
- Art in World Culture
- Mythology & Folklore
- Fashion and Interior Design
- Introduction to Culinary Arts
- Personal Finance
- Entrepreneurship 1
- Entrepreneurship 2
- Introductory Finance
- Social Services
- Sociology 1
- Sociology 2
- Family and Consumer Science
- Careers in Criminal Justice 1
- Careers in Criminal Justice 2
- Law and Order
- Health Science 1
- Health Science 2
- Medical Terminology 1
- Medical Terminology 2
- Life Skills
- Early Childhood Education 1
- Early Childhood Education 2
- Introduction to Journalism
- Dynamics of Journalism: Investigating the Truth